Style & Home
Pretty in Plaid October 02, 2015 15:35
Nude Shoes... Why they should be a wardrobe staple. June 10, 2015 00:00
Living in the community in which we are a part of at Boots & Heels we have a variety of women that come into the store to shop. Some love nude shoes just as much as we do and some have no clue why a nude shoe would benefit their wardrobe in any way. So here are 3 reasons you should have nude shoes in your closet.
5 Way to wear it: Wide Scarf June 03, 2015 14:42
Summer is a great time to get the most out of your wardrobe. Use this post as an inspiration to get the most out of your scarves. We also have the fabulous Echo Scarves pictured in the store as well... But you get the idea.
Building a wardrobe you love May 27, 2015 00:00
If you are reading this, you can rest assured, I probably love ya. Like seriously, it probably means that you come into Boots & Heels or are one of our web friends. Which means you support small businesses and even my little family. So I can't help but love ya. I personally pick and choose each and every item that comes into our boutique. So generally it is always something, I can see either myself or someone I know wearing. Picking these things mean I look at A LOT of clothing and shoes. A LOT. So I end up knowing few tips that I didn't know before I had the best job in the world. Here are 5 of my personal tips to building a wardrobe that you love.
1. A wardrobe is not something you create in a days shopping trip. A wardrobe should be something built or cultivated. Your wardrobe is a reflection of you and your personal style. Your personal style
3 Colors to pair with Mint. March 19, 2015 15:33
3 Reasons to wear dresses as warmer weather approaches March 13, 2015 11:26
- They are actually comfortable, if you get over the fact that you feel to dressy or don’t want to stand out, whatever the reason you normally shy away, they are nearly like wearing pajamas in public…only stylish.
- Dresses are easy layering pieces for hot/cold temperatures in your office layer with a sweater or blazer and you have instantly easy polished looks.
- Dresses are one piece. ONE so if you don’t want to get into layering with it, you only have to take 1 thing from your closet, instead of trying to pick tops and bottoms that go together which for some people is intimidating. (This is also helpful on laundry day)
Winter Blahs January 14, 2015 14:13 2 Comments
I don't know about everyone else, but the recent weather had put me into the major winter blahs. It is cold, it gets dark entirely to early at night and it just makes you want to go home, pull the covers over your heard and sleep. Well that isn't all... We also eat, out of boredom and I don't know, wanting to store fat to make it through the winter. It is primal, thats what we can blame it on right?! ;) So I know, as I woke up this morning, not feeling incredible about myself, some of you may be feeling the same thing.
Here is a list of 5 ideas to help beat the winter blues, this is my own blues beater experiment for the next month.
1. Go get your hair cut, colored or both. There is no way to feel like a new you faster, than new hair. After all, you look at it every single day.
2. Do something silly to pamper yourself, give yourself an at home manicure or pedicure. Anything that makes you feel just a little more relaxed.
3. Start a work routine. If you are like me, you have had many work out regimens through the year and around Christmas, you tend to abandon it. I know from my personal experience that if I workout, I feel better, more energized and a whole lot less stressed. Here I come treadmill and PIYO.
4. Pick up a hobby, how about picking up some inexpensive items to learn to knit/crochet or run around and take some photos. Winter is pretty, it just isn't warm. Plus, if you live in the Devils Lake area, The Lake Region Heritage Museum is doing a photo contest on twitter, instagram and facebook just make sure to post them and #winterdvl.
5. Read a good book. Nothing says winter like a good book right?!
If you have any idea, you have to beat the winter blues, please email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to post your ideas on our facebook page.
5 things we love about Fall at Boots & Heels October 05, 2014 23:02
- Boots: They are simply the best item in your closet at screaming: “It is getting cool out, put me on!” So you do… and you pretty much pledge that you will never take them off again. Just the sound of your boots crunching through the leaves will make you feel like a happier calmer person.
- Pumpkin flavored everything: Drinks, Muffins, Cookies, Breads, soups pumpkin is in everything this time of year.
- Scarves: The knits and fabrics get a little heavier, a little bit cozier and you sink into them a little as you sip you pumpkin spice latte, because you know life is good.
- The Air: The air in fall is crisp, clean and smells of harvest and trees turning color.
- Colors: Fall colors are amazing the yellows, reds and oranges falling from the trees, mimic nature and you will always feel confident and composed.
New Product Spotlight - Spanx Ready to Wow Denim Leggings August 01, 2014 10:23
Every Thursday at Boots & Heels we put out a new, fabulous item to our mix. This Thursday was no exception. The Spanx Ready to Wow Denim Leggings are simply amazing. The pants that look like a legging and feel like a jean. Helps to slim your waist line with a hidden panel, faux pockets in front, real pockets in back, these are your ready to WOW wardrobe staple that you can't get dressed without!
I got to try them for the first time yesterday and let me tell you, I liked the way they made my "Mommy middle" supported and the way they made my "assets" look. Plus, the stretch helped with the fit on my legs which is always a problem area for me. I would totally recommend trying these on, to see if you love them as much as I did!
*This product is available for shopping in our Devils Lake, North Dakota location only.
Happy 4th of July Everyone! July 03, 2014 18:16
Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday celebrating our wonderful nation and hopefully enjoying some relaxation with with friends and family. Our Boots & Heels store location in Devils Lake, ND will be closed on Friday, July 4th and reopen on Saturday, July 5th so if you can tear yourself away from the Lake we will have fun stuff for you to stop in and see. As always Thank you for allowing us to be "So much more than a shoe store"!
When you have worn it seven thousand times. February 26, 2014 16:57
This winter I have had a black sweater that I have loved. It has been the first thing I have worn practically every time it has been clean. But this morning, I sighed... I feel like I have worn it 7,000 times. I didn't want to wear it. But we all know that sometimes you have to push those basic items to that seven thousand and one mark. I knew holding it up that I normally wear it with a certain scarf. I had fallen into a comfort zone with it this winter. Black Sweater, black and grey scarf, how BORING. At the beginning of the year it was sleek and streamlined but COME ON how do you not get bored with just black and grey.
But... It is still warm, it is still comfy and it looks cute. Soooooo, we reach for the accessories in the closet. I choose a pair of earrings I have not worn in forever, and a different scarf. I know, I know, there is nothing earth shattering about this, but it made me feel less grumpy putting it on. Because even though, I have had all 3 of the item, I had never worn them together in that way so it made the push to seven thousand and one.
So the final thought: Just because you have never worn it together doesn't mean it shouldn't go together. Make sure you shake yourself out of your comfort zone "outfits" sometimes you just have to pair things differently and you have a whole new look for the day. Plus, next week when it is finally warmer, I will wear my black sweater with a skirt :)
But P.S. I am really excited about the new Women's Clothing at Boots & Heels! I am going to start working Spring stuff in with my winter stuff to feel less blah. :D
Thoughts on Printed Leggings. February 22, 2014 15:41
So on my personal facebook page, I posted the following status:
"Anyone have thoughts on printed leggings? Would you wear them? One of the trends I personally have a harder time wrapping my head around. Hmmmm"
I got a mixed bag of reactions from my family and friends. Surprisingly all but one, of the 25-35 year olds that responded thought that printed leggings were for college and high school girls (which was kind of the way I was leaning). But the woman that responded that she loves them and wears them all the time is someone I consider to have a great sense of style. She also always looks put together and appropriate for the occasion.
However, others that responded were in the 35+ group thought that they were cute with the right outfits and if you had the confidence to pull them off.
My final thoughts on the matter: Anyone cannot do any trend. Sometimes you have to pick which trends actually represent you in the way you want to be perceived. I am guessing anyone can wear printed leggings as long as they have the rest of their outfit styled correctly and the confidence to pull them off.