Style & Home
Recipe: Pulled Pork October 21, 2014 12:41
This is one of my go to recipes for fall/winter weeknights, it is so great to come home to a warm and hearty kind of meal. We serve it on buns or inside of tortillas and I absolutely love it with Homemade coleslaw on top.
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/2 pork boneless shoulder roast
- 1 Tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup Pepsi
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 8 sandwich buns or flour tortillas
How to Cook
- 1. If pork comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Spray 3 1/2 to 6 qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Rub jerk seasoning over pork; sprinkle with thyme. Place pork in cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Pour cola over pork.
- 2. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8-10 hours.
- 3. Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove juices from cooker and reserve. Remove netting or strings from pork. Use 2 forks to pull prok into shreds. Return pork to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquids. Increase heat setting to high. Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. Spoon pork onto buns.
Serve this as leftovers on a store bought cracker crust as a "pizza" or in a baked potato. Yum! This is perfect for any large event you have coming up.