Style & Home
Bonfire Style July 13, 2018 12:58
There is nothing better than a summer bonfire, surrounded by friends and families. We can practically taste the gooey s'mores just thinking about it!
Before you can make the perfect s'more, you need a perfect outfit! These sweatshirts are great because they're super soft, super cute, and lightweight so basically, they're the perfect bonfire hoodie :)
This hoodie is a personal favorite! It has adorable ties up the side and feels like a dream! Literally, it is so soft.
This jade color has been so popular for our customers! We love the beautiful color and the terry cloth interior that makes this a great lake sweatshirt! It is also available in grey for those who prefer more of a neutral color :)
These sweatshirts pair nicely with our Spanx Camo Leggings and our Democracy denim so stop in for your new favorite hoodie :)
North Dakota Women's Retailer announces Downtown Fargo Location January 9, 2018 16:54
Transition a Spring Dress into Fall September 1, 2017 15:08
Margarita Party Recipes July 7, 2017 15:05
Check out our Margarita Party Recipes. By clicking on the title above.
My Favorite 3 Things to do in North Dakota: As a person who has lived here all her life. June 30, 2017 11:50
I have lived in North Dakota my entire life. So naturally I have a slight bias for some of my favorite things to do in my home state.
1) International Peace Gardens - Growing up in the state, I have visited here countless times from going to camp there as a kid, to bringing my kids there as an adult. It is beautiful. I mean who doesn't want to see a clock made out of flowers?! Ok... Maybe it is one of those things you have to see to appreciate fully. But it is darn cool.
2) North Dakota Heritage Museum - My children (Ages 8 & 6) and I spent HOURS here and a year later they still ask to go back. The Fossils and casts were all cool to see and they were presented with information that made them meaningful. I read the placards while they pointed and talked about how cool the artifacts were.
3) The Medora Musical - I have been here multiple times and it is always a great show and a good time. My sons favorite part was a battle scene... But how can you top that for a little boy that just really likes loud noises and fighting... much to his Mother's horror by the way. *Insert major eye roll. But the point here is, our whole family liked it and my son was the one I thought would be fidgety and unhappy the whole time, but he ended up really liking it.
I have lived most of my life in Devils Lake, ND were out little store is located. So I just don't get all excited when people talk about our AMAZING fishing. I personally, am not much of a fisherman, but it is epic. I hear it on a daily basis... So if you like to fish, it really is can't miss. I personally just like to go for a walk or bike ride along the dike and LOOK at it. Because it is massive and huge and gorgeous. But, as a North Dakota Native I may be a little biased. ;)
Outfits we are LOVING! Sweet floral May 20, 2017 14:50
Outfits we are LOVING: Easy summer layers May 25, 2016 22:50
Outfits we are LOVING: Navy & White May 18, 2016 17:42
Navy & White are classic, but the key to make this look updated instead of grandmaish is pairing a totally neutral shoe such as this taupe gladiator. Being to matchy matchy is exactly what can date a look and make you appear older. The key is to just add a little twist to make it feel fresh and updated.
Outfits we are loving! A little boyfriend inspired style April 13, 2016 22:10
Pretty in Plaid October 2, 2015 15:35
5 things we love about Fall at Boots & Heels October 5, 2014 23:02
- Boots: They are simply the best item in your closet at screaming: “It is getting cool out, put me on!” So you do… and you pretty much pledge that you will never take them off again. Just the sound of your boots crunching through the leaves will make you feel like a happier calmer person.
- Pumpkin flavored everything: Drinks, Muffins, Cookies, Breads, soups pumpkin is in everything this time of year.
- Scarves: The knits and fabrics get a little heavier, a little bit cozier and you sink into them a little as you sip you pumpkin spice latte, because you know life is good.
- The Air: The air in fall is crisp, clean and smells of harvest and trees turning color.
- Colors: Fall colors are amazing the yellows, reds and oranges falling from the trees, mimic nature and you will always feel confident and composed.
New Product Spotlight - Spanx Ready to Wow Denim Leggings August 1, 2014 10:23 1 Comment
Every Thursday at Boots & Heels we put out a new, fabulous item to our mix. This Thursday was no exception. The Spanx Ready to Wow Denim Leggings are simply amazing. The pants that look like a legging and feel like a jean. Helps to slim your waist line with a hidden panel, faux pockets in front, real pockets in back, these are your ready to WOW wardrobe staple that you can't get dressed without!
I got to try them for the first time yesterday and let me tell you, I liked the way they made my "Mommy middle" supported and the way they made my "assets" look. Plus, the stretch helped with the fit on my legs which is always a problem area for me. I would totally recommend trying these on, to see if you love them as much as I did!
*This product is available for shopping in our Devils Lake, North Dakota location only.