Style & Home
5 Way to wear it: Wide Scarf June 03, 2015 14:42
Summer is a great time to get the most out of your wardrobe. Use this post as an inspiration to get the most out of your scarves. We also have the fabulous Echo Scarves pictured in the store as well... But you get the idea.
Building a wardrobe you love May 27, 2015 00:00
If you are reading this, you can rest assured, I probably love ya. Like seriously, it probably means that you come into Boots & Heels or are one of our web friends. Which means you support small businesses and even my little family. So I can't help but love ya. I personally pick and choose each and every item that comes into our boutique. So generally it is always something, I can see either myself or someone I know wearing. Picking these things mean I look at A LOT of clothing and shoes. A LOT. So I end up knowing few tips that I didn't know before I had the best job in the world. Here are 5 of my personal tips to building a wardrobe that you love.
1. A wardrobe is not something you create in a days shopping trip. A wardrobe should be something built or cultivated. Your wardrobe is a reflection of you and your personal style. Your personal style
5 Tips to keep your closet "outfit ready" October 22, 2014 10:46
- Clear out all of the junk that you never use, use other closets in your house for storage the closet in your bedroom should be for the things you conveniently need to use everyday such as your clothing and accessories. You do not want to use up your visual space so you feel overwhelmed every time you look in your closet.
- Group like items together, for example pants hang with other pants, dresses hang with other dresses etc.
- Use displays for your jewelry so you can actually see it. If you have a shelf, dresser or other surface you can display your jewelry in candy dishes or serving dishes so it is easy to see, you are much more likely to use what you can see.
- Most of your wardrobe should be items that can be worn year round as much as possible however, undoubtedly you will have flip flops and swim suit cover ups you will not use during the cold winter months, invest in some tubs and remove those seasonal items until they are close to being in season again. This is again that valuable visual space that needs to stay as uncluttered as possible to make your life easier.
- Devote one section of your closet into “This weeks” clothing, take 10 minutes and plan out your wardrobe for the week. Put the entire outfit from pants, shoes, shirt and even the proper under garments together so it is quick and easy for you in the morning.