Style & Home
3 Colors to pair with Mint. March 19, 2015 15:33
3 Reasons to wear dresses as warmer weather approaches March 13, 2015 11:26
- They are actually comfortable, if you get over the fact that you feel to dressy or don’t want to stand out, whatever the reason you normally shy away, they are nearly like wearing pajamas in public…only stylish.
- Dresses are easy layering pieces for hot/cold temperatures in your office layer with a sweater or blazer and you have instantly easy polished looks.
- Dresses are one piece. ONE so if you don’t want to get into layering with it, you only have to take 1 thing from your closet, instead of trying to pick tops and bottoms that go together which for some people is intimidating. (This is also helpful on laundry day)
Winter Blahs January 14, 2015 14:13 2 Comments
I don't know about everyone else, but the recent weather had put me into the major winter blahs. It is cold, it gets dark entirely to early at night and it just makes you want to go home, pull the covers over your heard and sleep. Well that isn't all... We also eat, out of boredom and I don't know, wanting to store fat to make it through the winter. It is primal, thats what we can blame it on right?! ;) So I know, as I woke up this morning, not feeling incredible about myself, some of you may be feeling the same thing.
Here is a list of 5 ideas to help beat the winter blues, this is my own blues beater experiment for the next month.
1. Go get your hair cut, colored or both. There is no way to feel like a new you faster, than new hair. After all, you look at it every single day.
2. Do something silly to pamper yourself, give yourself an at home manicure or pedicure. Anything that makes you feel just a little more relaxed.
3. Start a work routine. If you are like me, you have had many work out regimens through the year and around Christmas, you tend to abandon it. I know from my personal experience that if I workout, I feel better, more energized and a whole lot less stressed. Here I come treadmill and PIYO.
4. Pick up a hobby, how about picking up some inexpensive items to learn to knit/crochet or run around and take some photos. Winter is pretty, it just isn't warm. Plus, if you live in the Devils Lake area, The Lake Region Heritage Museum is doing a photo contest on twitter, instagram and facebook just make sure to post them and #winterdvl.
5. Read a good book. Nothing says winter like a good book right?!
If you have any idea, you have to beat the winter blues, please email them to me at email@example.com. I would love to post your ideas on our facebook page.