The Miracle on 4th Ave party is always so much fun! We love to help you try out recipes and start your Christmas shopping early! The recipes this year, were REALLY well received, but the hit of the night was the Vodka Cranberry Champagne Punch that everyone seemed to LOVE. Be careful with that one though, because it really doesn't taste like alcohol. Most of the recipes this year, were given to us through friends, but I do have the accurate credit for the crustless pumpkin pie. So see below. ;)
- 1 pkg double stuff Oreos
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 pkg almond bark
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Crush up all the Oreos into a fine powder. A mini food processor works great for this.
- Mix the Oreo powder with the cream cheese.
- Roll the mixture into whatever size Oreo balls you desire.
- Place rolled balls onto a cookie sheet with wax paper and then put in the freezer while the almond bark melts.
- Dip and roll Oreo balls in the almond bark. One by one works best or the Oreo balls stick together.
- Place Oreo balls back on wax paper and immediately (because the solidify quickly) add sprinkles if you wish.
- Store in freezer (because they thaw very quickly) until ready to serve.
Candied Cinnamon Almonds
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup Water
- Canola oil spray
- In a medium sized bowl add the egg whites and vanilla together and whisk until frothy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the almonds.
Add in the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with canola oil spray.
- Add the almond mixture to the slow cooker on low for 3 hours.
- Stir every hour and when the nuts are 30 min away from done pour in the water and stir one final time.
- To ensure crispy exteriors spread the nuts out on a baking sheet to cool.
We learned a funny thing with the recipe above. DO NOT use wax paper ;)
Vodka Cranberry Champagne Punch (2x)
- 2 cans cranberry or cranberry raspberry concentrate
- 2 bottles (750ml) champagne, chilled
- 6 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup vodka (plain, vanilla, raspberry, cranberry)
- 2 pints cranberries
In a large bowl or pitcher, stir all ingredients together. Float cranberries on top. This recipe was an absolute hit! So if you can make sure you get to bring a drink to your pot luck, this may be one of the easiest and tastiest things ever.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
You can actually find the recipe at this link from Chocolate Covered Katie, one of my long time favorite food bloggers. It ends up being like 70 Calories per piece, so I will even make this when I am trying to have "healthier" snack options, as I am not crazy for a lot of veggies. ;) -Amber