1. Basic Blazer: Find the fit and color you like and go with it. If you don't have any other blazers in your wardrobe I would suggest starting with a basic solid color. If you already have a solid color, find a fun texture or color instead.
2. Long Cardigan: I think most of us have quite a few tank tops or tee shirts that we can easily transition into fall with a long cardigan. Find the one that flatters you and wear it over and over again.
(Short and think you can't wear it? Find a comfortable heel or platform to give you a little height to help you pull it off)
3. Denim Jacket: The work horse of the wardrobe you always have to have at least one. Wear with your black pants, colored denim, throw on over dresses and skirts and away you go.
4. A Utility Jacket: Easily throw on with jeans and run errands and more. These never go out of style, the "inbetween" dressiness level of a blazer or a denim jacket, but more causal than a cardigan.... lol So if you love wearing your denim jackets but don't really love wearing a denim jacket and denim jeans at the same time, the utility jacket is a great stylish swap.
5. A Cape: Because why in the world, would you not want to wear a blanket all day and have people compliment how stylish you look? Yea... seriously. Great for a chilly office or a great layer to throw on over bulkier sweaters that don't like fitting under a jacket.
Take a peek at Boots & Heels Blazers/Jackets/Toppers