Style & Home
Flamingo Champagne Punch April 18, 2018 17:11
Outfits we are LOVING April 12, 2018 22:52
Valentine's Gift Guide: Top 3 February 08, 2018 11:15
North Dakota Women's Retailer announces Downtown Fargo Location January 09, 2018 16:54
Outfits we are LOVING: Comfy & Casual January 01, 2018 22:01
Cooking Baking Outfit December 14, 2017 11:59
5 Gifts Under $75 December 01, 2017 10:35
Outfits we are loving: Comfy and Casual November 15, 2017 12:04
Miracle on 4th Ave Recipes November 10, 2017 12:40
5 Minute Hair Tutorial October 27, 2017 00:40
Click Title of Video to see more
Lipsense Review: Unbiased we don't sell it :) October 21, 2017 00:00So this crazy Lipsense stuff. You can watch this 5-6 min video where I talk about Application. But I also have a few thoughts.
- The color really did stay on a long time, I mean, at the 10 hour image, you can still see some color on my lips and I did not apply it again. Not even once.
- Nice color overall. I think that particular color would work well with a variety of different skin tones/teeth colors (I HATE when lip color makes my teeth look more yellowed than they are.. jimminy Christmas they don't need to look more yellowed than they are)
- Tastes kinda chemically
Click on the article title to read more, see pics or watch the video. :)
Eye Make Up Tutorial: How I do it anyway. ;) October 20, 2017 12:40
I love seeing how my friends do different things. Especially when it comes to their everyday beauty recommendations. I like saving time. When you are a a super busy person, beauty can end up going by the wayside. BUT it doesn't have to be that way. I generally get my whole face done in 5 min. In the video I am chattering away like a squirrel, so it takes longer. ;)
1. Apply a gold tone to inside corner of eye
2. Apply a sheer sparkly white on brow bone
3. Apply Darkest color in outside corner.
4. Apply Medium toned color in the center of eye and use a brush to blend the colors together.
Fall Style Report: Standout Looks Mocked... slightly September 12, 2017 11:34
Perusing some of my favorite magazines, while I am drinking my coffee this morning. No big surprise to most of you there. ;) But I seriously almost spit my coffee out at the screen laughing at a "standout look" from London that was a lady wrapped in what looked like a large comforter from her bed. The reason I probably thought this was the most funny, is that my Dad, like many of yours I'm sure, slept in his tighty whities. So if someone unexpectedly came to the door before he was awake (which happened if he was on call for machinery breakdowns) he would wrap himself in the blanket from his bed to answer the door. Which is, way better than answering the door in just your underwear... no argument there. I snapped a pic of it to my Mom, because HELLO my Dad was a fashion genius way ahead of his time.
So Fashion Shows outfits are fun to look at because the outfits are literally art. They aren't "Ready to Wear" on the street by any means. Usually I can look at this art work and get an idea of how the look could be tamed down for people to wear in their daily lives.... This morning, that look... still has me scratching my head. But the point here, is that the clothing they show in the vast majority of old school fashion shows is art that isn't necessarily created for "Danielle who works at a bank" to wear everyday. The Fashion Show is generally a way for the designer to show the world the Art and magic of clothing. Then their "Ready to wear" collections are pieces and little bits that you can wear for your everyday.
Transition a Spring Dress into Fall September 01, 2017 15:08
Recipe: Pumpkin Chili August 24, 2017 17:20
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped, chopped
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
1 Large Sweet Potato Diced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 pound ground turkey
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
1 cup chicken broth or water
2 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, sweet potato and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.
Outfits we are LOVING: Baseball sweater & ankle booties August 22, 2017 16:54
Margarita Party Recipes July 07, 2017 15:05
Check out our Margarita Party Recipes. By clicking on the title above.
My Favorite 3 Things to do in North Dakota: As a person who has lived here all her life. June 30, 2017 11:50
I have lived in North Dakota my entire life. So naturally I have a slight bias for some of my favorite things to do in my home state.
1) International Peace Gardens - Growing up in the state, I have visited here countless times from going to camp there as a kid, to bringing my kids there as an adult. It is beautiful. I mean who doesn't want to see a clock made out of flowers?! Ok... Maybe it is one of those things you have to see to appreciate fully. But it is darn cool.
2) North Dakota Heritage Museum - My children (Ages 8 & 6) and I spent HOURS here and a year later they still ask to go back. The Fossils and casts were all cool to see and they were presented with information that made them meaningful. I read the placards while they pointed and talked about how cool the artifacts were.
3) The Medora Musical - I have been here multiple times and it is always a great show and a good time. My sons favorite part was a battle scene... But how can you top that for a little boy that just really likes loud noises and fighting... much to his Mother's horror by the way. *Insert major eye roll. But the point here is, our whole family liked it and my son was the one I thought would be fidgety and unhappy the whole time, but he ended up really liking it.
I have lived most of my life in Devils Lake, ND were out little store is located. So I just don't get all excited when people talk about our AMAZING fishing. I personally, am not much of a fisherman, but it is epic. I hear it on a daily basis... So if you like to fish, it really is can't miss. I personally just like to go for a walk or bike ride along the dike and LOOK at it. Because it is massive and huge and gorgeous. But, as a North Dakota Native I may be a little biased. ;)
Mom Checked Out S'mores June 29, 2017 18:18
Be YOU June 16, 2017 15:55
While there are "rules" for dressing and "best practices" to achieve the most desired looks for your wardrobe at the end of the day do something that makes you feel good. If you want to wear leggings, everyday do it. If you want to wear a purple chicken suit, do it. But just make sure that it is because it makes you feel fabulous and not that you feel lousy, so you wave your hands of TRYING to feel great. Because one thing, I have learned in the years that I have been in retail, helping people to shop.... We all have some self loathing from time to time. If you just really feel like you don't know what looks good, enlist a friend, or store stylist (be careful, if they are commission based). But the bottom line? Find ways to make yourself feel great. Life is to freaking short not to.
A Little Black dress isn't ALWAYS the best option June 08, 2017 00:00
It is a classic. It is a staple. But even Coco Channel herself (who pretty much made the little black dress famous) wouldn't want you to wear something you didn't feel fabulous in. And seriously I LOVE black, but on the days when my under eye circles are bigger and deeper than the norm or a day I am feeling particularly pale and junky, black just isn't my color.
The problem is that sometimes black can be to harsh for your skin tone. So you could certainly throw on a scarf or statement necklace to help bring some color or shine up by your face OR you could try a less harsh color for your little dress. Navy and grey are both nice, basic replacements for black and can be more flattering, depending upon your skin tone. So while a little black dress, can be your wardrobe best friend, a basic dress in another color isn't going to hurt you one little bit either.
Outfits we are LOVING: Kimono paired with shorts June 05, 2017 00:00
So many of us like to layer, which is great, because it has many benefits. For one, a cardigan, kimono, jacket, blazer, all can help camouflage a tummy. Also, have you ever noticed that you get more compliments on your outfit when you are wearing layers? Seriously, it works nearly every time.
Think: Layer one + Top Layer + Bott
5 Things that you need for the summer May 30, 2017 00:00
1) Spray Deodorant - For Your FEET! Everyone I tell this to is like... duh, why didn't I think of that?! This can be a sandal lifesaver. Most of our feet sweat, there isn't anything wrong with that, but warm days and no socks to absorb the moisure... Just spray a little on you feet when you are sitting down... let air dry a little bit and you will be all set to have significantly less stinky feet by the end of the day.
2) Regular Old Deodorant (Not a gel or spray) - Use it for those pesky red bumps from shaving your bikini area! It helps to make them disappear. You can feel just that much more confident in that swimwear!
3) Comfy Flip Flops - Most people know this, and LOVE a good comfy flat, but I am surprised how much we get "i can't stand stuff between my toe" you probably need to find a more quality pair to try if this is something you say every year. The cheap ones, can murder your feet, so got to a better made shoe and you will be golden.
4) Everything tote - You need a bag that can haul all of your needs for summer, wether it is canvas or a softer synthetic leather, you always end of needing one, so make sure it is in your closet for when you need it.
5) Sunglasses - Not only should you protect your eyes from the sun, you can look darn good doing it. Plus you can wear these pretty much everyday so, you can really get your cost/use to nearly nothing. :)
- Page 1 of 4